Mentoring: NEXT STEP
The NEXT STEP mentoring program provides final and penultimate year students with assistance in the transition from study to graduate employment. Find out more about the program and how to get involved.
What is the program?
The NEXT STEP Mentoring Program matches students in the final two years of their degree to mentors (Curtin Alumni, staff and friends) with a similar degree and at least three years’ industry experience. Mentors share their experience, professional knowledge and time to assist students with their transition into graduate employment and to enhance their career development and planning skills.
When does it run?
The program runs from May until October with applications now open. Once registered, you will be notified by email in mid April if you have been matched with a suitable mentor.
How does it work?
Mentors and students are matched primarily by degree and, where possible, career interests. This information is collected as part of the application process. Students receive additional careers resources through the NEXT STEP Mentoring Blackboard group.
What are the commitments?
The commitment for the program includes:
- Compulsory introductory and briefing session on 8 May 2012 (6.00-8.00 pm)
- At least four meetings with your mentor and a minimum of eight contact hours in total (including introduction and wrap up events) over five months
- Final Wrap Up Evening 16 October (on campus): this is an opportunity to say goodbye to your mentor and formally complete the program.
How do I apply?
Your application consists of 2 parts:
- Please click on Kickstart your career! (below) to begin complete your application form.
- Register for a NEXT STEP Mentoring Student Workshop (Note: if you haven't logged into OASIS you need to log in first before visiting the link).
Applications close Monday 9 April 2012.
If you have any queries regarding the NEXT STEP Program, please visit NEXT STEP Mentoring or email: email@example.com