Course switching or postponing study
Sometimes students find that the course they have begun no longer suits them for a variety of reasons. We can provide you with advice on addressing your concerns and help you to make an informed decision. Find out about the options available to you.
Are you finding that the course you have begun no longer suits you? Perhaps the course is different from what you expected – or your goals and motivation have changed. In many cases, getting advice and addressing your concerns can help you make a more informed decision about the best action to take.
One of the options available to you at Curtin is to switch courses. If your current course does not suit you, we very much encourage you to explore the possibilities in our other courses.
Here are some of the things that could be influencing a decision to switch to another one. If any of these apply to you please contact the recommended services for further assistance. They will be very happy to help!
- If you are uncertain about or dissatisfied with the career outcomes of your current course, contact Curtin Careers Centre for more information.
- If you neither enjoy nor engage with your course and would like to explore your options, contact a START student advisor.
- If you are not sure whether it is your course or other factors that might be influencing your decision, contact a START student advisor.
- If you have already decided what course you want to switch to and need to confirm your eligibility and want to know how to apply please contact the Student Services at the relevant faculty.
- If you want to take a break from your studies you can apply for a Leave of Absence. Contact a START student advisor for more information.
Once you have identified the appropriate course to switch to please ensure that you do the following:
- Confirm that you meet the entry requirements
- Lodge your application before the deadline
- Update your enrolment once you have been accepted into your new course
- Visit the Curtin Careers Centre for information on career outcomes and employment opportunities.
Unsure where to begin or need further assistance, please contact START student advisors.