Preparing for retirement
This workshop provides information about preparing for retirement policies and processes in Curtin, and includes a question and answer session.
Retirement - A New Direction in Life:
You may have done some financial planning for retirement, but what other planning should you do?
This workshop will highlight factors other than financial planning necessary for a happy retirement including selecting appropriate retirement activities and strategies for adjusting to retirement. Issues to be covered include:
- That successful retirement requires planning
- That planning involves an examination of current work and personal circumstances
- That stress is an inevitable part of change
- That stress is reduced if change is incremental;
- Successful ageing requires engagement in social activities that are meaningful and include a healthy balanced lifestyle.
Hypothetical cases will be presented and participants will have the opportunity to discuss these cases and interact with other participants and the presenters.
Counselling and Disability Services
Building 109, Level 2
Time and date
2-5pm on Thursday, 5th December, 2013
Sign Up Here: Retirement workshop registration.